Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ok I'm going to try this again...I tried to post my first post yesterday and in my final spell checking I must have pushed the wrong button cuz my whole post disappeared...I was pissed so I'm going to make this one short and sweet.
I'm not real sure how to do this blog thing..I know it is supposed to be like journaling, and even though I have been through lots of therapy, I never really journaled..writing is very hard for me...I'm very dyslectic and trying to write in a journal just didn't work for me...I could never let it just flow cuz my handwriting was so bad and I couldn't spell at all..but typing this where I have spell check makes it much easier..so please excuse the bad grammar, run on sentences, etc....
Ok now that being said...I'm a 47 yr old woman that has been obsessed with food and weight since the 3rd grade when a boy told me that I was too fat to wear the shirt I had on and he poked me in the belly...
For the first 25 yrs of my life I only battled with 10 to 15 lbs...After having 2 children the battle is now 70 to 80 lbs....I have lost weight many many many time before.  No more that 35 lbs at a time...Don't know why, but 35lbs was always the magic number...When I would get into the right mind set to lose weight there was nothing to stop me...I don't know what it was that put in that mind set because it only happen about 1 and every 10 times that I would start a diet...The funny thing is that EVERYTIME I would start looking and feeling good and getting complements from people that is when I would ALWAYS start putting the weight back on...what is up with that...I can run into people only once r twice a year and I would always look like a different person...there was the fat christy and the not so fat christy...I'm as so tired of living like this...
I am not going to look into the lap band...I go to the seminar meeting on Aug 9th...
I also decided to start journaling in a blog....you know the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results...well it is time for me to do something different....
This blog will be the beginning of doing things differently.............christy

6 comments:

  1. Christy, welcome to blogland, my old friend. I'm happy to share this journey with you. I think you'll find great support here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tessie sent me over and i wish you the best of luck on your journey! There are a bunch of awesome ladies out there who will support you every step of the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well welcome aboard Christy. Tessie told me to come right over so I did. I'm sure you will find as I have the greatest support system in the world. Do not worry about spell check and run on sentences. Girl I make so many edits its a shame.

    Again Welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of luck Christy - I hope you find blogger bandits to be as supportive as I have, and that you can say anything that's on your mind. (Including how annoying it is to prepare a post and then lose it...)
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tessirose told I'm also lucky enough to be going through this with a friend. I just got banded 3 weeks ago and she will be banded within the next few months. This is a great place to get so much great information, ideas and support. I'm so thankful that I found it at the start of my journey. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, great first impression. What I meant to say at the beginning of my comment was "Tessirose told us to get our butts over here to welcome you." Sorry. That's what I get for trying to work and blog at the same time. : )

    ReplyDelete